I don’t know about you, but I struggle with my hair. It is so thick and has a natural curl, so keeping and getting it clean has always been a struggle. When I was little I had pretty bad dandruff. A HUGE thanks to God having me grow out of that one. I didn’t want to be like the girl from ‘The Breakfast Club.’ Well as I got older I had a whole different problem. My hair is massively thick, so it seems to be so hard to get it clean. I have found certain shampoos and products just cling to my locks, and it is impossible to make it look clean and cute. After months of my hair being a weird texture and just never looking healthy I decided to experiment with different methods so I could get my hair looking clean, styled, and cute. So without further ado here is what I found works for me! (PS: This is not sponsored by Aveda. Just the natural products from Aveda work wonders for me!)
- Showering- Don’t get me wrong this girl loves a good relaxing bath, but when I wash my hair I MUST do it showering. If not, I can’t get it as clean and it starts to get product build up. Then it is heavy and weighed down. Not cute. Trust me!
- Aveda Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner– This set is pure magic. I would always get compliments on the color of my hair, but never really on how it looked. I started using these 2 babies and it seemed like everyone was complimenting on it and asking me what I did differently. These are winners for sure.
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Cream– I put this in my hair as soon as I get out of the shower and towel dry it. It has nutrients in it for my hair, which I really think have helped my hair looking shiny and healthy. I also think this is why my hair has been growing faster than it usually does. Also another bonus is that the nourishing cream reduces frizz, and with my thick hair I need all the help I can with that.
- Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo– I wanted something to help my hair look effortless and almost windblown when I would curl my hair with a flat iron or curling iron. I don’t like the look of hard curls on myself. This stuff does the trick. I put a few pumps of the powder in my hair and toss it around and it gives it such an effortless look.
- Aveda Air Control Hairspray– I hate hairspray that makes my hair feeling crunchy after I spray it in, but it always seemed like if it didn’t then my hairstyle wouldn’t hold. I looked far and wide for one that would hold my style, but also keep my hair feeling soft. Of course it ended up been Aveda, but I truly love this hairspray it keeps my hair styled without making my hair crunchy!
- Remington New Diamond Shine Ceramic Flat Iron -1″– I love this flat iron like I love coffee. It is cheap and gets my thick curly hair SUPER straight! It also is great when it comes to curling my hair with it. I have had expensive flat irons many times before, but they never worked as well as this one. If the one I have now ever breaks, which we all know it will, I will definitely be buying the same one again! PS: Thank you to my sister for introducing me to it!