As I sit here and watch the Cubs playing at Wrigley in the World Series I am overwhelmed with emotions. Just to name a few: excitement, amazement, happiness, sadness, and disappointment. I never would imagine that I would be watching these games without my grandpa. He was an amazing baseball player and even a better Cubs fan. His loyalty to them over those years never wavered. He gave the love of the Cubs and the city of Chicago to every single one of his grandchildren. I am thankful for every memory we made in Chicago and at Wrigley. Chicago was our special place. So I have all these feelings because our dream of the Cubs going to the World Series is happening, but I can not share it with him face to face. Though I have shared this experience with him through my heart. He is making his presence known. This moment may be hard, but the excitement he would have for this moment out weighs all of it. Instead we will be as excited as the fans at Wrigley right now! GO CUBS GO!
Whenever it comes to Halloween I always get stressed out coming up with a costume. I don’t want to spend a lot of money, and would rather already have most of the stuff. Here are my favorite quick and easy costumes for Halloween.
Cat– This is always my go to because it is so easy. You just need to buy some cat ears. Many times they are at the Dollar Store, but also they are at Walmart and Target. Then if you don’t have any black eyeliner just grab a cheap one. Once you have the ears and eyeliner you are good to go. You can style your hair and makeup however you want. Add the ears to your head. Use the cheap eyeliner to draw on a nose and whiskers. Then put all all black clothes and you are a cat.
Rosie the Riveter– I also really like this one. You need a pair of jeans, a denim button up, and a red bandana. For this you want your hair up and basic makeup. Once your hair is up, add the bandana and put on the jeans and denim shirt and you are good to go.
Where’s Waldo?- This is so cute. I’ve never done this one, but may have to try it. You will need a red beanie, a red and white stripped shirt, and jeans. You could also add glasses if you would like.
I made that Apple Fritter Bread that was floating around all our Facebook pages lately. Let me just say it was delicious and SO easy to make. Thought I would add it here in case you missed it on your Facebook. This is a must make for the Fall season.
1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon, divided
2 Apples, peeled and chopped
1 Stick of Butter
2/3 Cup of Suagr
1 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Cup of Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with pan spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the diced apples with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the granulated sugar. Beat the eggs in one at a time until completely mixed. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the ½ cup of milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda mix to the butter mixture, and stir until well-blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Layer half of the apple mixture on top of the batter, followed by half of the brown sugar mixture. Gently press the apples into the batter.
- Add the remaining batter to the pan, followed by the remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly press the apples into the batter and swirl the brown sugar between the apple chunks and into the batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
Everyone has those few pieces of jewelry they wear daily. Mine consists of a necklace, ring, and earrings. If I don’t wear these when I step out the door I feel like something is missing. What are your favorite everyday jewelry pieces?
Necklace– This is my all time favorite necklace. It is in the letter ‘a’, but it also comes in all the other letters. You can chose between silver or gold. I feel incomplete without wearing this necklace each day.
Ring– This ring is new to my collection. I had heard all the rave about Pandora rings, and had to get one for myself. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors, so I thought this one was perfect for me. It easily can be worn on any finger, but I usually wear it on my index or middle finger.
Earrings– These are my go to earrings. They are simple and go with everything. Somehow I am always losing an earring, so I go for the cheaper Cubic Zirconia earrings.