7 ‘Steps’ to get more Steps in a Day
Tracking our steps is all the rage right now. We even have competitions with our friends and co-workers to see who can get the most a week. So here are 7 easy ‘steps’ we can all do to get more steps!
- Park further Away- We are all guilty of trying to find the closest parking spot. Instead of doing circles to get closer, park in the first spot you see and walk!
- Take the Stairs- I don’t know why we always want to take the escalator or elevator. Take the stairs. Not only will you get more steps it’s a great workout for your legs and booty.
- Social meets Active- We all want to see our friends, but instead of meeting them for dinner try meeting them for a hike. You can still talk and catch up with each other, but will be adding steps. Plus you can always stop for a bite after the hike!
- Walk the Dog- For all you dog lovers, just like me, get that pup out for a walk. Sometimes I only can get my Lu Lu out for a 10 min walk, but every minute counts.
- Walk during a Meeting- This one I probably struggle with the most, but I love it. During meetings and calls at work that you don’t need your computer for get up and walk during them!
- Shop in Stores- Yes we all love Amazon, but it’s amazing how many more steps I get in a day if go to the actual store to shop. Plus if you go to Target you can get Starbucks while you walk around!
- Set an Alarm- This is another one I really struggle with, but always try to do it. This is all about setting an alarm every hour to remind you to get up and walk. Every hour may not be best for you, but do it as frequently as possible. It can even be as little as 5 min. This is roughly how long your bathroom breaks are anyways!
Let me know how these ‘steps’ work for you!!