Lip gloss- I am not a big lip gloss wearer, but I wanted to try something new. My mom owns a few of theses and I liked the look on her. The sales associate also recommended these and I have to say I love it. I usually like sparkle in my gloss, but this shade (nude) is still killer without it.
Setting Spray- OKAY!! THIS PRODUCT IS BOMB. I got a prep spray, which was ok, but I loved the setting spray. My makeup stayed on forever. It was 85 degrees out and it did not sweat off. I even slept in it and my makeup still was intact all the next day! This is my favorite new buy and I would recommend it to anyone!
Charcoal Mask- Charcoal masks are all the rage. I have heard a lot about both Origins and Glam Glow. Where I went they only had Origins. Though I have only tried it once I love it. I like that is goes on thin and my face felt SUPER clean after I washed the mask off.
Foundation– I am almost out of my favorite foundation that bare minerals used to make. They replaced it with this one, so I thought I would give it a try. I like that there are more color options, but not sure I like it as well as the other one. The color seemed really light, but this is the shade that matched me best. I also am not sure if it applies as well. I don’t hate it, but I may not be in love with it yet.
Foundation Brush- I am a sucker for a pair, so I also got the brush they recommended for the foundation. I loved the feel of the brush on my face. I also thought there was a lot of product on the brush. Though I may like my old brush better for more coverage, so I think I will try both and then make my final call.
Flowers- I know everyone knows of this, but I love a beautiful floral arrangement. I like a bright and colorful arrangement. Then maybe use something unique for the vase like a mason jar. Make it special to your mom. You could use her favorite colors or her favorite flower.
Candle- Does your mom have candles all over her house like mine? Yes! Then why not get her another candle or two! Moms love their house smelling great! Use code: ALL4MAMA at Bath & Body Works for $10 off $30!
Spa- Who doesn’t like a spa day? Our moms’ do so much for us, so why not treat her with a little pampering. Plus this can fit into whatever budget you have. It can be as small as a pedicure or an all-day package. I promise your mom will love either one!
Wine- This one is great because it can be all done online. You can get your momma a wine of the month club membership. You can choose monthly, every other month, or every third month. The total for each option is $23.96 per shipment! What mom doesn’t like wine?
I first start out with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. The product is AMAZING! I have talked about this before. It is easy to use and you could use just this product if you wanted. I first brush through my brows getting them all in line. My brows are WILD! Then I start outlining my brow and filling it in with small hair length strokes. You should start seeing a shape.
Next I move on to my Benefit Gimme Brow. This is a fiber gel that makes my brows even fuller. I start from the tail of my brow brushing through. Then I will go back the other way laying them down. Sometimes I do this a second time depending on how full I want them. Then I take that spoolie again and get them in line.
Now we know mine are wild, so I take a brow gel to hold them into place. I currently am using the Mary Kay Brow Gel. I just run this through the brow, so my brow stays in place all day.
Now for maybe the most important step. It makes them pop. I use a concealer and a small angled brush and outline my brow. Then I take the beauty blender to blend this in. This step is the most important one to me because it really define the shape!
Here are my 8 makeup products I use for a quick and easy makeup look. My go-to’s are foundation, bronzer, eye shadow, mascara, and a brow pencil. This is a real simple and quick routine to add a little color to your face on days you don’t want to do a full makeup routine. This routine is also good if you aren’t big into makeup because these are some great products to get you started!
Bare Minerals Ready Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 $29.50– I apply this foundation with the brush below all over my face. It is a pressed powder and fool proof. Promise!
Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush $28.00– The brush I use to apply the foundation above.
Benefit Hoola Bronzer $29.00– I use the bronzer brush below and then apply this lightly all over the face to add a little extra color to my face. It gives it a nice “sun-kissed” look.
IT Brushes for Ulta Airbrush Essential Bronzer Brush #114 $26.00– I use this brush to apply my Benefit Hoola bronzer.
Bare Minerals The Top Shelf Eyeshadow Pallet $21.00– This is a two eye shadow color pallet. Using the fluffy brush below I take the light color and mix it with the darker color and put it all over my eyelid. This is a great casual look.
Mac 213 Fluff Brush $25.00– This is the brush I use to apply my eye shadows all over the eyelid.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz $21.00– This is a easy way to do simple brows. It has a pencil on one side. I softly glide the color pencil through the brow. The other side is a spoolie to help brush through the brows.
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara $22.00– This is a great lengthening and thickening mascara. I use this on my top and bottom lashes.
Processed with VSCO with a5 preset
Processed with VSCO with a5 preset
I don’t know about you, but I struggle with my hair. It is so thick and has a natural curl, so keeping and getting it clean has always been a struggle. When I was little I had pretty bad dandruff. A HUGE thanks to God having me grow out of that one. I didn’t want to be like the girl from ‘The Breakfast Club.’ Well as I got older I had a whole different problem. My hair is massively thick, so it seems to be so hard to get it clean. I have found certain shampoos and products just cling to my locks, and it is impossible to make it look clean and cute. After months of my hair being a weird texture and just never looking healthy I decided to experiment with different methods so I could get my hair looking clean, styled, and cute. So without further ado here is what I found works for me! (PS: This is not sponsored by Aveda. Just the natural products from Aveda work wonders for me!)
- Showering- Don’t get me wrong this girl loves a good relaxing bath, but when I wash my hair I MUST do it showering. If not, I can’t get it as clean and it starts to get product build up. Then it is heavy and weighed down. Not cute. Trust me!
- Aveda Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner– This set is pure magic. I would always get compliments on the color of my hair, but never really on how it looked. I started using these 2 babies and it seemed like everyone was complimenting on it and asking me what I did differently. These are winners for sure.
- Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Cream– I put this in my hair as soon as I get out of the shower and towel dry it. It has nutrients in it for my hair, which I really think have helped my hair looking shiny and healthy. I also think this is why my hair has been growing faster than it usually does. Also another bonus is that the nourishing cream reduces frizz, and with my thick hair I need all the help I can with that.
- Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo– I wanted something to help my hair look effortless and almost windblown when I would curl my hair with a flat iron or curling iron. I don’t like the look of hard curls on myself. This stuff does the trick. I put a few pumps of the powder in my hair and toss it around and it gives it such an effortless look.
- Aveda Air Control Hairspray– I hate hairspray that makes my hair feeling crunchy after I spray it in, but it always seemed like if it didn’t then my hairstyle wouldn’t hold. I looked far and wide for one that would hold my style, but also keep my hair feeling soft. Of course it ended up been Aveda, but I truly love this hairspray it keeps my hair styled without making my hair crunchy!
- Remington New Diamond Shine Ceramic Flat Iron -1″– I love this flat iron like I love coffee. It is cheap and gets my thick curly hair SUPER straight! It also is great when it comes to curling my hair with it. I have had expensive flat irons many times before, but they never worked as well as this one. If the one I have now ever breaks, which we all know it will, I will definitely be buying the same one again! PS: Thank you to my sister for introducing me to it!
Urban Decay: Naked2 Palette– This eye shadow is to DIE for. It has the perfect shades for any look. It is mostly browns, but also has nudes and a black. Also, one of my other favorites about it is that is has shimmer and matte colors included. You can pick yours up for $54.00, which I know can seem steep. However I think it really is a good value for as many shades as you get for the quality they are. My eye shadow lasts all day when I use my Naked2 Palette.
OPI- Lincoln Park After Dark Nail Polish – Most of the year you will see my nails painted in this color. It is a deep purple that almost looks black. This is a must for the upcoming fall sesaon. I also love how my OPI Nail Polish lasts longer than some other brands. You can find yours for $10.00.
Mario Badescu: Drying Lotion– I know we all get those pesky pimples, and somehow they always come right before a big occasion. This drying lotion is a life saver. You put some of the pink goo on over night, and wake up with the blemish noticeably smaller if not all the way gone. It will only set you back $17.00.
Benefit Cosmetics: Hoola Matte Bronzer– Ahh! This bronzer makes me hear angels sing. This shade seriously works for everyone. It is not too light or dark. It really is perfect. It’s almost like it magically adjusts to the shade of your skin. If you want to try bronzer or have bronzer, but not this one it is a MUST that you get this one. Plus it is only $15.00.