Lip gloss- I am not a big lip gloss wearer, but I wanted to try something new. My mom owns a few of theses and I liked the look on her. The sales associate also recommended these and I have to say I love it. I usually like sparkle in my gloss, but this shade (nude) is still killer without it.
Setting Spray- OKAY!! THIS PRODUCT IS BOMB. I got a prep spray, which was ok, but I loved the setting spray. My makeup stayed on forever. It was 85 degrees out and it did not sweat off. I even slept in it and my makeup still was intact all the next day! This is my favorite new buy and I would recommend it to anyone!
Charcoal Mask- Charcoal masks are all the rage. I have heard a lot about both Origins and Glam Glow. Where I went they only had Origins. Though I have only tried it once I love it. I like that is goes on thin and my face felt SUPER clean after I washed the mask off.
Foundation– I am almost out of my favorite foundation that bare minerals used to make. They replaced it with this one, so I thought I would give it a try. I like that there are more color options, but not sure I like it as well as the other one. The color seemed really light, but this is the shade that matched me best. I also am not sure if it applies as well. I don’t hate it, but I may not be in love with it yet.
Foundation Brush- I am a sucker for a pair, so I also got the brush they recommended for the foundation. I loved the feel of the brush on my face. I also thought there was a lot of product on the brush. Though I may like my old brush better for more coverage, so I think I will try both and then make my final call.
Flowers- I know everyone knows of this, but I love a beautiful floral arrangement. I like a bright and colorful arrangement. Then maybe use something unique for the vase like a mason jar. Make it special to your mom. You could use her favorite colors or her favorite flower.
Candle- Does your mom have candles all over her house like mine? Yes! Then why not get her another candle or two! Moms love their house smelling great! Use code: ALL4MAMA at Bath & Body Works for $10 off $30!
Spa- Who doesn’t like a spa day? Our moms’ do so much for us, so why not treat her with a little pampering. Plus this can fit into whatever budget you have. It can be as small as a pedicure or an all-day package. I promise your mom will love either one!
Wine- This one is great because it can be all done online. You can get your momma a wine of the month club membership. You can choose monthly, every other month, or every third month. The total for each option is $23.96 per shipment! What mom doesn’t like wine?
7 ‘Steps’ to get more Steps in a Day
Tracking our steps is all the rage right now. We even have competitions with our friends and co-workers to see who can get the most a week. So here are 7 easy ‘steps’ we can all do to get more steps!
- Park further Away- We are all guilty of trying to find the closest parking spot. Instead of doing circles to get closer, park in the first spot you see and walk!
- Take the Stairs- I don’t know why we always want to take the escalator or elevator. Take the stairs. Not only will you get more steps it’s a great workout for your legs and booty.
- Social meets Active- We all want to see our friends, but instead of meeting them for dinner try meeting them for a hike. You can still talk and catch up with each other, but will be adding steps. Plus you can always stop for a bite after the hike!
- Walk the Dog- For all you dog lovers, just like me, get that pup out for a walk. Sometimes I only can get my Lu Lu out for a 10 min walk, but every minute counts.
- Walk during a Meeting- This one I probably struggle with the most, but I love it. During meetings and calls at work that you don’t need your computer for get up and walk during them!
- Shop in Stores- Yes we all love Amazon, but it’s amazing how many more steps I get in a day if go to the actual store to shop. Plus if you go to Target you can get Starbucks while you walk around!
- Set an Alarm- This is another one I really struggle with, but always try to do it. This is all about setting an alarm every hour to remind you to get up and walk. Every hour may not be best for you, but do it as frequently as possible. It can even be as little as 5 min. This is roughly how long your bathroom breaks are anyways!
Let me know how these ‘steps’ work for you!!
Spring, Spring, SPRING!!
It is finally here. I don’t know about you, but I was soooo over winter. It gets me so down, and when the weather starts warming up and that sun shines my mood shifts. Not to mention it means my birthday is HERE!
So a new season calls for new clothes. I hate wearing jeans…. I know weird! But there is just something about them that I don’t love like the rest of the population. So that means I usually go for dresses.
I FOUND THE CUTEST DRESS and it didn’t even break the bank!!!
So with out further ado….
So this dress I found in early March at Target, and for some reason I didn’t get it then. After contemplating for a few weeks I finally took the plunge and bought it. I couldn’t be more happy that I did. It is perfect for spring. It is off the shoulder and denim. Both these will be huge for Spring 2017 fashion.
Then the hunt began for the perfect shoes. I knew I wanted a tan wedge, and believe or not Target again came through and had the perfect shoes to match. The wedges will look so good with so many of my other spring outfits.
But this dress and wedges are PERFECT for spring. And GUESS WHAT?! They whole outfit is under $75!
Yes I am going to gush about my momma. She is more than just my mom. She is 100% my best friend. I know some people don’t understand it, and that’s ok. I no longer feel the need to defend it. We have gone through so much together, and I think God daily that I got her as a mom.
1. She’s loves me unconditionally
2. She doesn’t judge me
3. She always has my best interest in mind
4. She just gets me- sometimes not an easy task
5. She laughs with me and at me
6. She is always right- annoyingly right
1. That glorious bed that has your spot perfectly indented
2. Let’s not forget about the favorite blanket and pillows too
3. The DVR of all the favorite programs you missed
4. Having all your favorite foods at a hands reach
5. No longer living out of a suitcase and being able to find anything you are looking for because it’s in its spot
6. You’re favorite coffee shop making your cup of coffee just how you like it
7. Going to sleep and waking up at normal times
8. A bubble bath with a glass of rosé
9. Having a full wardrobe, jewelry collection, and all your make up
10. Your vehicle so you can drive any place your heart desires
11. Catching up on all the pop culture and social media posts you missed while you were on vacation time
12. Your People. Your family, your friends and your pets. Exploring the world is pretty fantastic, but so are the ones you love ❤